Man Rushed to Hospital After Being Shocked at Construction Site
A 23-year-old man has been rushed to University Health Shreveport with life-threatening injures after being electrocuted by a high-voltage power line at a local construction site.
The incident occurred around 11:30 a.m. near the intersection of E. 70th St. and Querbes Dr.
Police on the scene report the man was operating a pump truck while the crew was pouring a concrete retaining wall when electricity arced from the nearby power line. The victim suffered what SPD Lt. Michael Day describes as a "severe electrical shock."