Shreveport Jobs For Teens
It’s that time of year when high school students flood the streets and the work force trying to make a quick buck over the Summer. I should know. I have one out looking but here’s the deal, with what she’s willing and not willing to do, jobs are going to be pretty scarce!
Let’s see, working in the morning is out because of conditioning for softball three days a week. Working with food is out and so is working at night… It might hamper her social life. So what’s a teen to do to earn extra money besides endless babysitting? I have a few ideas! You might not like them all but I’ve done most of them!
1. Tanning Salon – Yep, I’ve cleaned out my fair share of tanning beds. I loved working in the tanning salon. I got to see all of my friends and I got to tan for FREE!
2. Receptionist at a Salon – This is along the same lines but it could teach you some phone etiquette and multitasking skills. Plus, your momma will be plenty happy you finally learned how to use a broom to sweep up all that hair! Oh yeah, and you get to fold lots of towels!
3. Grocery Bagger – I totally bagged some groceries at Kroger and I even joined the union! Plus, I scored some tips from regulars. I have to admit, I hated bringing in the stray carts though and mopping the floors SUCKED!
4. Life Guard – There are a ton of public pools and swim clubs in the area. Sure, you have to get certified first but you will have the best tan when school starts! Remember your sunscreen!
5. Food Service – Yeah, you can make fun of it but I made mad tips when I was a waitress at Pizza Hut… except for that time I dropped the hot pasta in that chick’s lap…
6. Car Washer – It’s not glamorous but I always tip the guys at the place on Youree Drive well! I hate having to clean out my car!
7. Mow Lawns – You may have to put up some signs and borrow your dad’s lawn mower, but you’ll be outside, you’ll get a tan and you’ll get a work out. Just make sure you drink plenty of water!
These are just some of the ideas I’ve come up with. If you have any you’d like to share, post ’em below because one thing is for sure, we’re not handing out an allowance forever!