Bossier Officers Check Stores For Underage Alcohol Sales; All Pass
As the summer heat rises and all schools are out of session, authorities are cracking down on underage alcohol sales. It's no surprise that underage alcohol consumption goes up during the summer months, and most municipalities send out teams of undercover agents to ensure that no store is selling alcohol to anyone under 21.
Recently, Bossier Parish officers conducted undercover buys at ten stores within the Parish, and none were found out of compliance.
In a press release from the Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office, Sheriff Julian Whittington explains how the process worked.
Ensuring businesses that sell alcohol are in compliance with the law is key. These stores and clerks asked for proper identification, and when the buyers were under the age of 21, they refused service. We are quick to point out those stores who commit a crime by selling alcohol to underage buyers, and we want to do the same in a positive way for those stores and clerks who do the right thing.
These 10 stores were in compliance with the law that did not sell alcohol to underage buyers:
· Valero, 1975 Airline Dr., Bossier City
· Kangaroo Express, 1980 Airline Dr., Bossier City
· Circle K, 4629 E. Texas St., Bossier City
· Shed Express, 4609 Shed Rd., Bossier City
· Raceway, 8048 E. Texas St., Bossier City
· Red Point, 5315 Hwy. 80, Haughton
· Circle K, 5020 Hwy. 80, Haughton
· Rogers, 6511 Hwy. 80, Haughton
· Buck Stop, 201 N. Elm St., Haughton
· Valero, 2840 Airline Dr., Bossier City