‘Holiday Express’ Christmas Train Coming to Louisiana [VIDEO]
The Holiday Express Train is coming to Louisiana, and making several stops just in time for some Christmas cheer! The official name of the rail car is the Kansas City Southern Holiday Express, and on their official website, it's described as 'a festive, six-car train that brings Santa Claus and his elves to communities throughout the company's U.S. rail network at scheduled stops. Guests to the train can visit with Santa Claus and walk through three cars filled with holiday displays. Each event is free, open to the public and no tickets are required'. In addition, at each stop a generous donation to the local Salvation Army will be made.
The Louisiana stops are listed below, as well as a video from stops last year. You can see the whole 2019 schedule here.
- Nov 29 - 4 p.m. LaPlace 529 Hemlock Street
- Nov 30 - 4 p.m. Gonzales LA Felix Avenue
- Dec 1 - 4 p.m. Baton Rouge LA KCS Yard, 1401 Foss Street
- Dec 2 - 4 p.m. Pineville 901 Melrose Street
- Dec 3 - 4 p.m. Coushatta LA Front Street
- Dec 4 - 4 p.m. Zwolle LA 1400 North Main Street
- Dec 5 - 4 p.m. Westlake LA 3995 Old Spanish Trail
- Dec 6 - 4 p.m. DeQuincy LA Railroad Museum, 400 Lake Charles Avenue
- Dec 7 - 4 p.m. Leesville LA KCS Yard, 901 South Third Street
- Dec 8 - 4 p.m. Mansfield LA 1004 Polk Street
- Dec 9 - 4 p.m. Shreveport LA KCS Yard, 4500 North Lake Shore Drive, Gate 5
Or, you can also get your own holiday train to put under the tree: