Did Anyone in Louisiana Win Big in Powerball?
I am really dreaming big these days and I am not alone. The Powerball jackpot is stirring up folks all around Louisiana. There was no winner in the Monday night drawing for $1 billion dollars. This means the jackpot for Wednesday night now climbs to
$1.20 billion. The onetime, lump sum payoff would be $596 million.
Here Are the Winning Numbers:
The drawing did produce some prize winners. Tickets purchased in Florida, New York, and Oklahoma will snap up $2 million dollar prizes. Those lucky tickets have 5 correct numbers.
Louisiana Lottery officials say there was one ticket sold in the Bayou State worth $50,000 and more than 20 tickets in Louisiana win $300 dollars in the big drawing.
The $1.2 billion dollar prize is the 2nd largest Powerball jackpot in history and the 4th largest lottery jackpot ever. And the big jackpot will continue to grow between now and Wednesday’s drawing.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from Powerball and Mega Millions:
- $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
- $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
- $1.337 billion Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 one winning ticket in Illinois.
- $1.2 billion, Powerball is up for grabs on Wednesday, November 2, 2022.
- $1.050 billion Mega Millions ($776.6 million cash)was won by the Wolverine FLL Club of Oakland County, Michigan in January of 2021.
- $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
- $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusetts. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
- $731 million, Powerball, won by a single ticket purchased in Maryland on Jan. 20, 2021.
- $699 million, Powerball won on October 4, 2021 in California. The ticket was sold at an Albertson’s grocery store.
- $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
- $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
- $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
- $632 Million Powerball Wednesday, January 5, 2022. Two winning tickets, one in California and one in Wisconsin will split the jackpot.
- $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
- $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
- $564 million Powerball was split among 3 winning tickets, one each from North Carolina, Texas and Puerto Rico.
- $559 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH.
- $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
- $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
- $533 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in New Jersey for the March 30, 2018 drawing.