Possible Sleet and Snow for SBC Monday Night
The Department of Transportation is gearing up for possible sleet and snow in parts of Louisiana this week. DOTD has sent out a statement about the possibility of wintry precipitation moving into the north and central regions overnight on Monday.
The Shreveport, Monroe and Alexandria Districts will send out scouts to check road conditions as temps drop below freezing.
The Weather Channel reports the winter storm will impact the south this week. Here's the prediction for Shreveport this week. Notice we have a chance of freezing precipitation on Monday night.
DOTD encourages motorists to use extra caution while driving during hazardous weather conditions, especially on bridges and overpasses, and to avoid driving if possible during a winter weather event.
During winter weather conditions, motorists should adhere to the following driving safety tips:
• Drive slowly and carefully.
• Avoid driving while distracted.
• Always allow for extra driving time.
• Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
• Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
• Be on the lookout for DOTD crews and their equipment.
• Remember that it’s unlawful and unsafe to drive around a road closed barricade for any reason.