Mega Millions Jackpot Climbs to Near Record Levels
Louisiana residents are worried about this heat, but dreaming about hitting it big with the Mega Millions lottery. There was no winner in the Tuesday night drawing and that means the jackpot has now climbed over the $630 million dollar mark which puts it at #10 on the list of the largest lottery jackpots ever in the United States. The one time lump sum payout will be nearly $360 million.
This monster jackpot is all the buzz around the community as folks begin dreaming about what they can do with the money.
I'm sorry to say I will probably continue shopping for a beautiful penthouse condo on the beach in Destin or Orange Beach.
Here’s a list of the top 20 prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.586 billion Powerball January 13, 2016. There were 3 winning tickets for this prize. These tickets were purchased in Tennessee, Florida, and California. Each had the option to take a lump sum of $327.8 million.
2. $1.537 billion Mega Millions October 2018. There was one winning ticket purchased in South Carolina. The ticket was sold at a KC Mart convenience store in the town of Simpsonville. This is the largest single-ticket jackpot in U.S. history.
3. $750 million Mega Millions, next drawing is Friday Jan 16. The cash option payout is $550 million.
4. $768.4 million, Powerball won by a single ticket in Wisconsin. Cash: $477 million.
5. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018, by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusets. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
6. $731.1 Million Powerball jackpot won by a single ticket in Maryland.
7. $687.8 million, Powerball won Oct. 27, 2018. There were two winning tickets. One in Iowa and another in New York.
8. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
9. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
10. $630 million Mega Millions jackpot is up for grabs on Friday, July 22, 2022.
11. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million.
12. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
13. $564 million, Powerball jackpot was won by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
14. $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
15. $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
16. $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
17. $530 million Mega Millions, jackpot for Friday, June 7, 2019.
18. $487 million Powerball, winning ticket was sold in New Hampshire on July 30, 2016.
19. $455 million, Powerball, winning ticket was sold in Pennsylvania on March 17, 2018.
20. $450 million, Mega Millions ticket was sold in Florida for the January 5th, 2018 drawing.
Top 40 PPP Loans to Shreveport Area Restaurants
What Are the Largest Cities in Louisiana?