Six Cheap Ideas for Family Fun Staycations in Shreveport, Louisiana
Are you feeling the pinch of inflation? Or maybe you're like me and just plain broke? I get it. We all have to have a break at some point or we'll lose our minds, especially with how hot it is already and the recent weather events we've been experiencing. Maybe cost isn't an issue, but travel or time is? No worries, whatever your reason, planning a staycation in Shreveport-Bossier City, LA is probably easier than you think. Here are some ideas to get you started on some much-needed rest and relaxation on the cheap!
I don't know about you, but there are a ton of attractions in our area that I take for granted. For example, I've never been to the Shreveport Aquarium. I know it's a great place to visit whether you have kids or not, but I take it as a given that it'll always be there and I'll go 'someday.' It's time to fix that and become a tourist in our own town.
So what are some places you can check out without spending a bucket of money? I've got some ideas for you!
1. If you're looking for luxury, book a room at the Remington in downtown Shreveport. Make sure to get one of the rooms with the shared space that includes the pool table. It looks like it would be a blast to stay there. Plus, you can take advantage of their spa, indoor pool, and bar.
2. Don't forget to check out our website or SBFunGuide.com for area festivals, markets, concerts, etc... A lot of them are free to attend and even if there is a fee, it's still cheaper than an excursion in the Bahamas.
3. We're the 'Sportsman's Paradise!' If you don't have a boat, make friends with someone who does or rent one. A day of sunning, skiing, tubing, kayaking, swimming, etc... could be just what the doctor ordered! You might want to check into cabin rentals at the local state parks as well!
4. Two of my favorite restaurants that I love to visit when it's time to 'treat' myself are the Mabry House (The chef's table is to die for!) and the Cub. Trust me, it's okay to splurge every once in a while.
5. Plot your own tour of the local breweries. You could spend an entire day sampling the amazing local brews and some fantastic food at each while you're at it!
6. If you've got the kiddos with you, try Gators and Friends or the Jubilee Zoo. Of course, I already mentioned the Shreveport Aquarium, but you can also go to the Sci-Port Discovery Center, the Touchstone Museum in Haughton, Splash Kingdom, etc... Don't forget we have Surge Entertainment Center now, too.
Or you could just go to Walmart. Whatevs!