Vegan Butter Chickenless Masala With Quorn’s Meatless Vegan Pieces
We at The Beet get very excited about plant-based pieces that taste exactly like chicken. So when our friends at Quorn came out with their latest lineup of alternative vegan meatless pieces made entirely of plant-based ingredients that are also naturally high in protein, we couldn't wait to get our hands on them.
We sent these delicious vegan pieces to our chef, JD Raymundo, with the assignment to whip up something creative and delicious. He came up with these five amazing recipes that are so satisfying, your entire household will dig in and ask for more. You don't have to be vegan, vegetarian or plant-based to love Quorn's meatless chicken alternatives. Find Quorn at a retailer near you and make them yourself at home, then send us your pictures and a few sentences about how it went.
Vegan Butter Chickenless Masala
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 35 Minutes
- 1 Pack Meatless Vegan Pieces
- ¼ Cup Vegan Butter
- 1 Large Onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- ¼ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Can (14oz) Coconut Milk, full fat
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro, minced
- In a large non-stick pan, melt your vegan butter over medium heat. Once melted, saute your onions for 3-5 minutes. Add your ginger and garlic, cook for an additional 1 minute.
- Add your garam masala, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and salt to the pan. Stir it in with your onions, garlic, and ginger. Cook for only 30 seconds, to wake up your spices. Add your coconut milk and tomato paste and stir until combined.
- Stir in 1 pack of meatless vegan pieces and your fresh cilantro to your sauce. Bring to a simmer for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently. If your mixture starts to get too thick, add in a splash of water or veggie stock to thin it out a bit.
- Once finished simmering, taste for any adjustments on seasonings or spices. Serve right away with basmati rice and some vegan naan. Garnish with some extra cilantro and enjoy!
For more recipes with Quorn products, click here.