What usually seems like an incident you would see in a cartoon, but this happened in real life.

A Connecticut woman was severely injured when she lit a quarter stick of dynamite on accident during a thunderstorm in her Bridgeport home.

According to the New York Times, Karina Gutierrez lit what she thought was a candle inside her residence September 6th, after the storm knocked out her power.

When it blew up it injured her hands and face badly where she lost part of her hand, injured her right eye and suffered permanent scarring of her face, chest and arms.

Bridgeport Fire Chief Richard Thode told the Connecticut Post,

Something that we can get out of this is that people should be prepared when we have power outages, they should have flashlights, glow sticks, things like that to really make sure they can handle being without power for several hours.

Gutierrez is suing the former homeowner over the mishap.