Arkansas, Louisiana + Texas All Land Spots on List of Best Burgers in America
With Memorial Day rapidly approaching, I find myself salivating over the thought of sloppy, juicy burgers hot off the grill.
I’m a burger girl through and through. I will trade in a five-course, sit-down meal for a jaw-unhinging, grease-dripping-down-your-arms burger any day. It’s the first thing I look for on any menu. So, of course, when I saw Business Insider put together a list of the best burgers across the country, I started planning my pilgrimage to each joint. I know what you’re thinking… Business Insider? What do guys in suits know about burgers. Well, the pictures are mouth-watering, so I’m going with it.
To list all 50 of these places would be exhaustive, so I thought we should focus on those that are within arm’s reach. The Ark-La-Tex was well represented on this list. Not as well as California and Georgia, who seemed to have several joints featured, but still well enough to produce multiple winners.
Here are the Ark-La-Tex burger hot spots and where they landed on the list…
49. David’s Burgers – Little Rock, Arkansas
45. Tookie’s – Seabrook, Texas
35. Hugo’s Restaurant – Fayetteville, Arkansas
34. The Company Burger – New Orleans, Louisiana
27. Twisted Root Burger Company – Dallas, Texas/Shreveport-Bossier City, Louisiana
12. Big Orange – Little Rock, Arkansas
8. Rodeo Goat – Dallas, Texas
3. Burger Boy – San Antonio, Texas
1. Hopdoddy Burger Bar – Austin, Texas