Best Places in Shreveport for a Bachelorette Party – Bristol’s Top Five
Ahhh! Spring is in the air (or slightly cooler Summer in Louisiana) and not only are the girls breaking out their skirts and sun dresses, the bachelorette parties are hitting the town! Wedding season is here and what girl doesn’t want to be sent out in style? The bachelorette party signifies a woman’s last chance to shake her butt without other woman saying, “Can you believe Sally is out there on the dance floor doing that?!?!? Whatever would her husband think???” Sally is the queen of the night (or day) for her bachelorette party and guess what? She SHOULD be!!! She’s got a ton of laundry to fold in her future (take it from a girl who knows). Plus, she’s only going to do this once (hopefully!)
With that being said, all brides-to-be are different. Some want something quiet and sedate; others want to get WILD! After all, it’s the only time it’s permissible to wear plastic phalluses attached to a veil and tiara (or in my case, a pink LSU visor) in public. In addition, outside of the confines of a bachelorette party, it’s generally frowned upon to have strange men suck Life Savers off of your shirt for shot money with the time honored tradition of ‘Suck for a Buck’… Just sayin’! As for the women who want a quiet, classy bachelorette party, I’m not sure that’s possible around here because every bachelorette party includes at least two ex-party girls who have since tied the knot, haven’t been out in months and are ready to PARTY!!! Think of the girl you saw last weekend dancing on her chair at the Grill… ‘nuff said… Regardless, on your bachelorette party, it’s YOUR night and I’ve gotten together with some of my favorite girls to create a guide for a perfect bachelorette party night out in the SBC!
- Painting With A Twist – This has become such a huge phenomena in Shreveport/Bossier City that we now have TWO locations! This is a perfect start to bachelorette party festivities! Pick your day, reserve the room and load up on wine because the girls are getting ready to get creative, share some girl talk and get liquored up. PWAT is sure to loosen up even the most tightly wound bachelorette party guests and the most apprehensive bride.
- Casino/Spa Day – Part of the coolness of living in Shreveport/Bossier is our access to the amazing services offered at the casinos. More than one of my girlfriends suggested renting a top floor suite over looking the river for the bachelorette party and starting the festivities with a spa day! Almost all of the casinos have spas that can easily handle the number of women in a bachelorette party and will even offer specials to your group, especially if you’re staying with them. You might wonder why you would want to stay in a hotel in the town you live in and there are several reasons including Michelle not wanting to her husband and children see her puke and that cab rides are cheaper to the casinos than to lovely Haughton (just ask MY husband!) Click here for links to the different casinos with in house spas: Horseshoe, El Dorado, DiamondJacks and Sam’s Town.
- Central Station – There’s something about a gay bar that bachelorette parties LOVE! The drag shows on Friday and Saturday nights at midnight are great and play host to incredible talent. Plus, what group of girls doesn’t want to be surrounded by hotties? For the record, your husband can’t get pissed either. Why? You’re perfectly ‘safe’ and he won’t take you so tell him to enjoy poker night and put a sock in it! Plus, it’s well known Central Station has the best dance music in town; and since he won’t take you dancing, this is your chance ladies!
- Phoenix Underground – What’s a bachelorette party without ending up downtown and shaking your money maker till the wee hours? Tim and the staff and Phoenix Underground LOVE bachelorette parties and will cater to your every whim. Just make sure the Maid of Honor calls ahead to reserve one of the special VIP areas to make sure everyone knows exactly how special you are!
- The Grill aka Superior Grill – The Grill has long been established as the home of the best margaritas in the SBC. There’s been an urban legend going around for years that they add Everclear to their mix. I’ve been assured that’s not true, but I know if you reach a two margarita night, fun is headed your way! So sit back, enjoy some of the area’s finest musicians, tuck into some fish tacos and let the margaritas take you away… And make sure your friends tell the wait staff it’s your big day, because they will make sure everyone knows once again that you are the belle of the ball! Don’t forget to ask about off menu items like their chicken nuggets and chicken fried steak. You won’t be sorry! There’s a reason you see several bachelorette parties here every weekend! Just remember to send someone over early to secure a table;)