Why Dogs are a Lady’s Best Friend
I have found that there are only a few men in my life I know I will always be able to count on. One of those being my dog. Rudd, is my chocolate lab-putt mix and he is the sweetest dog in the world.
He can be a hassle at times seeing that he is only a year and a half. He is a giant puppy that can destroy a brand new toy in a matter of minutes. He eats out of the cat food bowl which usually ends up messing up his stomach. He whines if you do not scratch his butt even when he positions it directly infant of your face.
Rudd is also my best friend. He knows when I have had a relentless day. He knows how to bat those giant chocolate eyes and make me crumble instantly. He is always there for me. Plus, he doesn't complain when I watch Romantic Comedies on Hulu for hours on end. He is the perfect best friend. That is why I declare that dogs are the lady's best friend.
Here are the reasons why:
- Dogs know how to mend a broken heart with just a wag of the tail.
- Always there to greet you whether it was a good day or not.
- They don't just judge you if you are wearing the same sweat pants for the third day in a row.
- They are the perfect date to any occasion- Stay in and watch movies or take a stroll at the dog park.
- They will not judge you eating an entire cake by yourself, but they will ask for a bite or two.
- Perfect cuddle buddies.
- They will always protect you.
I know my Rudd qualifies to be my best friend. I don't even want to imagine a world with out my boy, but I do know that day will come. I don't look forward to it. I will cherish the few years I have with him.