Winter Weather Storm Update: I-220, I-49 Reopened in Caddo & Bossier Parishes
[Updated 10:50 am, Feb. 13]
The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) has reopened the LA-154 bridge over Lake Bistineau and I-49 North between LA Hwy-1 and US-71.
[Old] The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) has reopened the eastbound and westbound lanes of I-220 in Caddo & Bossier Parishes. The DOTD has also reopened the northbound and southbound lanes of I-49 from LA 526 (Bert Kouns, Exit 199) to I-20 in Caddo Parish and the Benton Road overpass in Bossier Parish.
Most schools and governmental offices that closed because of the weather will be reopening tomorrow (Thursday, February 13). This includes Caddo and Bossier public schools. However, Bienville Parish and Claiborne Parish public schools will be closed again tomorrow.
Louisiana Tech University will reopen all of its campuses tomorrow. However, students are being cautioned to not attempt to travel if you feel that dangerous or hazardous conditions still exist. Students who are unable to get to their campus should call their professor or department head and notify them of your situation.
The City of Shreveport will reopen tomorrow and garbage collection will resume. Work crews will be picking up trash through Saturdy in an effort to get back on schedule. Sportran buses will also return to their full and regular schedules. In Bossier City, residential trash collection has been bumped forward by one day which means Wednesday's routes will be run tomorrow and so forth through Saturday.
State offices will be closed again tomorrow in the following 18 parishes: Avoyelles, Bienville, Catahoula, Caldwell, Claiborne, Concordia, East Carroll, Franklin, Jackson, LaSalle, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Ouachita, Rapides, Richland, Union, and West Carroll
[Previous] The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for north Louisiana. Below are the current road, school and gov't office closings in the Shreveport-Bossier area.
Current DOTD road closings to focus maintenance efforts on higher-priority roadways
- I-49 North (between LA 1 and US 71)
- Benton Road (LA 3) overpass in Bossier City
- Highway 154 over Lake Bisteneau
- SPORTRAN suspended
School Closings for Wednesday, February 12th, 2014
- Caddo Parish
- Caddo Head Start
- Bossier Parish
- DeSoto Parish
- Natchitoches Parish
- Natchitoches Parish Head Start (administration must report in at 10 a.m.)
- Webster Parish
- Red River Parish
- Sabine Parish
- Claiborne Parish
- Bienville Parish
- Waskom ISD opening at 10
- Shreveport Diocese Catholic schools
- Atlanta ISD opening at 10 am
- Bloomburg ISD delayed opening at 10 a.m.
- Elysian Fields ISD opens at 10
- Jefferson ISD closed
- Karnack opening at 10 am
- Marshall ISD opening at 10 am
- McCloud ISD opening at 10 a.m.
- Marshall ISD will start at 10 a.m
- Avinger ISD will start 10am
- Louisiana Tech all campus closed
- LSUS closed until 5 p.m.
- NSU closed until 10 a.m.; Shreveport campus closed all day
- BPCC all classes canceled
- LSU Health-Shreveport School of Medicine, School of Allied Health, and School of Graduate Studies
- Panola College reopens at noon
- TSTC-Marshall reopens at 10 a.m.
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Mansfield
Government Office Closings for Wednesday, February 12th, 2014
- Bossier City administrative offices, courts, City Hall, and City Council closed
- City of Shreveport and Sportran bus service closed
- Caddo Commission closed
- The Caddo Council on Aging/Meals on Wheels closed
- Bossier Parish government offices closed
- Natchitoches Parish government offices will delay opening until 10 a.m.
- Barksdale Air Force Base has been limited to mission essential and emergency travel only. All non-essential personnel employed at Barksdale Air Force Base have until 4:30 p.m. to report to work. Bell Fitness Center will open on 4:30 p.m. Non-mission essential facilities will be closed.
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals closed
- 10TH Judicial District Court in Natchitoches delayed until noon.
- State offices in these 29 parishes: Avoyelles, Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Caldwell, Catahoula, Claiborne, DeSoto, East Carroll, Evangeline, Franklin, Grant, Jackson, LaSalle, Lincoln, Madison, Morehouse, Natchitoches, Ouachita, Rapides, Red River, Richland, Sabine, Tensas, Union, Vernon, Webster, West Carroll, and Winn
- SciPort is closed
- Shreve Memorial Library and all branches closed
- CenturyLink Center box office closed today