Winter Weather Storm Update: Northwest Louisiana School and Road Closings for Feb. 12
[Updated 6:45pm, Feb. 11]
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for north Louisiana.
Current road closings
- DOTD has closed I-220 in its entire length to focus maintenance efforts on higher priority roadways.
- Louisiana DOTD is in the process of closing the northbound and southbound lanes of I-49 from LA 526 (Bert Kouns, Exit 199) to I-20, in Caddo Parish.
- I-49 North (between La. 1 and US 71) is closed
- DOTD has CLOSED Benton Road (LA 3), over the KCS Railroad, in Bossier Parish
- DOTD has closed Highway 154 over Lake Bisteneau
- Sportran bus service is canceled tonight and tomorrow
Current school and office closings
- Texas State Technical College in Marshall dismissed classes early this (Tuesday) afternoon -- at 3 o'clock. Classes will resume at 10:00 tomorrow morning.
- Panola College has closed all campuses for this evening and will not open until noon tomorrow.
School Closings for Wednesday, February 12th, 2014
- Caddo Parish
- Bossier Parish
- DeSoto Parish
- Natchitoches Parish
- Natchitoches Parish Head Start (administration must report in at 10 a.m.)
- Webster Parish
- Red River Parish
- Claiborne Parish
- Bienville Parish
- Shreveport Diocese Catholic schools
- LSUS closed until noon
- NSU closed until 10 a.m.
- BPCC day classes canceled. Classes starting at 3:30 p.m. and later will still be held
- Louisiana Tech reopens at noon
- LSU Health Shreveport School of Medicine, School of Allied Health and School of Graduate Studies closed
- Panola College reopens at noon
- Northwest Louisiana Technical College-Mansfield
Government Office Closings for Wednesday, February 12th, 2014
- Bossier City administrative offices, courts, City Hall, and City Council
- City of Shreveport
- The Caddo Council on Aging/Meals on Wheels
- Bossier Parish government offices closed until noon
- Natchitoches Parish government offices will delay opening until 10 a.m.
- Barksdale Air Force Base has been limited to mission essential and emergency travel only. All non-essential personnel employed at Barksdale Air Force Base have until noon to report in to work.
- 10TH Judicial District Court in Natchitoches delayed until noon.
- State offices in these 22 parishes: Avoyelles, Bossier, Caddo, Caldwell, Claiborne, DeSoto, East Carroll, Evangeline, Franklin, Grant, Jackson, LaSalle, Lincoln, Natchitoches, Rapides, Red River, Sabine, Tensas, Union, Vernon, Webster, and West Carroll