5 Things That Get Cheaper in February
The second month of the year is a bargain hunter's paradise. With the massive run-up in production of all kinds of products for Christmas, and the eventual surplus afterwards - lots of companies are slashing prices just in time for Valentines Day and/or tax time.
Online coupon experts Retail Me Not have done the research and come up with 5 things you can save a ton of cash on this month.
1. Custom Items - Engraved picture frames and the like are the perfect Valentine's Day gift. Retailers that specialize in this sort of gift usually over-order for Christmas, so they have a lot of stock to liquidate - look to save up to 40%.
2. Food delivery - DoorDash has 25% off your first purchase right now, and Postmates has a $15 delivery credit for existing users.
3. TV's - If you have been dreaming about a giant television set, wake up! Because of incredible amount of flat screens sold in the week(s) before the Super Bowl, manufactures crank out a ton of new tv's. Now retailers are desperate to get rid of them. You can find them everywhere from around 30% the normal price.
4. Flowers - The biggest holiday of the year for florists is Valentine's Day, but the competition for the perfect gift is tight! To make sure you choose flowers for your sweetie, you can expect to save around 21%.
5. Online Dating - No one wants to be single on Valentine's Day. In that spirit, dating sites like Match.com are targeting the dateless with deals. This generally amounts to around 20% off, but eHarmony currently has a coupon for 35% off.