A Warning for Those Grilling Using Wire Bristled Brushes
I have been enjoying my grill time lately. I came up with a delicious marinade that could make my partner propose to me all over again. Yes, it's a hair flip recipe. Every Latina prays for the day we get the blessing from our family and are told "You can get married now". It sounds odd, but it's one of our highest compliments in regards to cooking. Before someone sends me some hate mail, no it's not literal its a saying, I don't make these rules. Okay? Okay.
One of the very important things to remember when grilling is making sure that grill stays clean. A dirty grill is a sad grill, but you need to be careful with the tools you use. I was scrolling through Facebook and was quickly reminded why my father always steered us away from using wire brushes. There is a viral Facebook post that caught my attention and I felt it needed to be shared.
Emily Long shared on her Facebook page "Three years ago, I took ONE bite of a burger, and immediately felt like I had swallowed glass. I felt a sharp stabbing pain in the back of my throat. The more I swallowed, the more it dug. I started gagging and choking, throwing up, trying to drink water to "wash it down" and still the pain in the back of my throat wouldn't go away. With my son in the bathtub and my husband frantically trying to help, I decided I needed to take a trip to the ER. I could tell it wasn't going anywhere on its own. Once we finally got in, this was the culprit. A wire grill brush bristle was lodged across the back of my throat by both ends."
Long had to go to the E.R. and now she wants to save everyone the fear and money. What can you use instead of wire bristled brushes? Check out the alternatives below.