Tips to Help You Celebrate Earth Day!
Happy Earth Day! This is a day that I truly don't know what to do. What are we supposed to do for Earth Day? I did a little digging to see what people do for Earth Day and I landed on EarthDay.org and here are some tips that they came up with.
- "Join a local park, river or beach clean-up."
- "Use environmentally-friendly, non-toxic cleaning products."
- "Replace inefficient incandescent light bulbs with efficient CFLs or LEDs."
- "Carpool, ride your bike, use public transportation or drive an electric or hybrid car. Reduce your carbon footprint by one pound for every mile you do not drive."
- "Keep your tires properly inflated and get better gas mileage. Reduce your carbon footprint 20 pounds for each gallon of gas saved."
- "Change your car’s air filter regularly."
- "Teleconference instead of traveling. If you fly five times per year, those trips are likely to account for 75% of your personal carbon footprint."
- "Stop using disposable plastics, especially single-use plastics like bottles, bags, and straws."
- "Recycle paper, plastic, and glass. Reduce your garbage by 10% and your carbon footprint by 1,200 pounds a year.
- "Donate your old clothes and home goods instead of throwing them out.
- "When you need something, consider buying used items."
What are you planning to do on Earth Day? What can we do in the Ark-La-Tex to make a difference?