Eating Chocolate Is Good For You
Chocolate actually has a bunch of health benefits, so don't feel too bad about your Valentine's Day binge.
Ok, I kind of tricked you by saying "chocolate is good for you". Don't get me wrong, it really does have multiple health benefits, but it's dark chocolate that we're talking about.
According to Health Line, "dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health".
What kind of positive effects are we talking about?
- High-quality dark chocolate is loaded with fiber and minerals like iron, magnesium, and potassium.
- You've probably heard people talk about how great antioxidants are, well chocolate is full of them!
- There's a reason why people eat chocolate when they are sad, it really does make you happier. Chocolate increases the production of endorphins and serotonin, which can decrease pain and lift your mood.
- Chocolate has been shown to reduce the levels of bad cholesterol aka it's good for your heart.
- Dark chocolate may also improve the function of your brain. A recent study showed that eating chocolate actually improves the flow of blood to the brain.