Is The Pineapple Margarita Louisiana’s New Favorite Summer Drink
A Few Years Ago, I Had the Best Margarita of My Life.
No, I wasn't at Mi Cocina in Dallas. Remember when everywhere was basically shut down? You had to rely on your buddies to come through with their skills. I was on a patio with the sun beating down on me, but the heat of the sun didn't phase me, my pineapple jalapeno margarita had my full attention. I had found my new signature quarantine drink, I will always crave this margarita. There is nothing like it at the bars in Shreveport or Bossier.
If You Want a Funky Margarita, You May Have to Make It Yourself.
Since my friend Scott Tarkowski is the mixologist behind the genius marg that forever changed my tastebuds, I've called it the Scotty Too Hotty Margarita. When I first tried it, I snapped a photo and posted it on my Instagram. All of a sudden I was getting DM'ed and being asked for the recipe. Here is what I was told goes into the best margarita I have ever had.
What you'll need to buy at the store:
Sauza Signature Blue Silver Tequila (I use Tres Agaves or Casa Migos)
Kosher Salt (you can just use Tajin)
Limes/ Lime Juice
Pineapple wedges and an additional jalapeño slice for garnish are optional
The measurements are:
Juice from 1/2 of a fresh lime
1 jalapeño slice
2 oz Tequila
3 oz pineapple juice
3/4 oz Grand Marnier
Here is How You Make the Scotty Too Hotty Marg:
- Rim glass with chili salt mixture.
- Take a wedge of lime and rim the cocktail glass, then apply the chili salt. You make the chili salt by mixing 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 teaspoon of chili powder. (or just use Tajin).
- Muddle the jalapeño slice with lime juice in a shaker. (If you get heartburn easily, skip the jalapeno.)
- Get a cup of ice in the same shaker and add the tequila, pineapple juice, and Grand Marnier.
- Shake it like a polaroid picture and pour it into the beautifully rimmed glass.
- You can garnish it with a jalapeño slice or a pineapple wedge if desired.
I hope you find time to enjoy your patio with a Scotty Too Hotty Margarita.