Grab Some Pepperoni and Get Ready to Devour This Delectable Pizza Chili
Football season is upon us, and chances are you will be craving something to bring to the couch for you and your friends to share while you watch the big game. Plus, Friday (Sept. 20) is National Pepperoni Pizza Day.
So, to celebrate, you've got to try this pizza chili recipe. Combining pepperoni along with all of the ingredients that make pizza and chili so darn good all, this blend is sure to become a crowd favorite.
Borrowed from our friends at Delish, this pizza chili recipe calls for everything from chicken broth to fire-roasted tomatoes. And we can admit right now, this one will take a little time to make and a long trip to the grocery store to make sure you have everything you need.
But it will be worth the wait!
Pepperoni Pizza Chili Recipe:
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 lb. spicy Italian sausage
1/2 lb. ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 Green Bell Pepper, chopped
1 c. sliced mushrooms
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. oregano
1/2 tsp. red chili flakes, plus more for garnish
2 c. chicken broth
2 c. pizza sauce
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
2 c. mozzarella
1/4 c. mini pepperoni
1 tbsp. chopped parsley
1/3 c. Parmesan
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add sausage and beef and sauté until no longer pink. Remove from pot onto a paper towel lined plate. Drain fat if needed, reserving some for cooking vegetables.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms to the pot. Cook until onion is translucent and mushrooms and peppers have released some moisture, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Season with salt, garlic powder, oregano, and chili flakes.
- Add chicken broth, pizza sauce, and fire roasted tomatoes. Add back in the meat, stir, and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for 25-30 minutes, until soup is thickened slightly.
- Top pizza with mozzarella and pepperoni. Cover with a lid and let cheese melt, about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley, parmesan, and red chili flakes. Serve.
Please Enjoy Country's 100 Best Drinking Songs Responsibly: