These Louisiana Towns Are a Nature Lovers Paradise
Louisiana is known as the Sportsman's Paradise, and we have so much to offer if you love the outdoors. There are destinations around the state that are perfect if you just want to enjoy the beauty of the Bayou State, and Only in Louisiana has found a few that are worth traveling to. As we are heading into cooler temperatures, these might be the perfect weekend getaway. Let us know if go.
- Breaux Bridge - Lake Martin offers beautiful Louisiana sunsets, and is an ideal spot for kayaking, canoeing, or fishing
- Ville Platte - home to the largest state park in Louisiana, Chicot State Park. The boardwalk trail takes you through some pretty amazing natural scenery
- Farmerville - if you are heading to north Louisiana, then check out Lake D’Arbonne State Park, which is 655 acres of hiking trails, fishing, and splendid greenery
- Zwolle, home to the wildly popular Tamale Festival, and one of the two state parks that butt up to the Toledo Bend Reservoir. Known for their amazing fishing opportunities
- Grand Isle, Louisiana’s only inhabited barrier island and home to one of the oldest fishing rodeos in the United States.
- Pineville, home to Kisatchie National Forest, Louisiana’s only national forest.
- Marrero, where you can enjoy beautiful swamps and trails in the 26,000 acre Barataria Preserve