Today Sucks Because of “Blue Monday”
Did you wake up not "feeling it" today? Today is "Blue Monday," which is called the most miserable day of the year. According to thesun.co.uk. a study was done in 2005 and the conclusion was that many of us are miserable on this day. They used a formula that factored in the weather, lack of social interaction, and our crippling debt from Christmas.
Let's be real, this is more of a British thing. However, just because a bunch of brits are feeling low it doesn't mean we aren't right there with them.
Here are the top 10 reasons why we are feeling "Blue Monday":
1. Feeling broke after overspending around the holidays.
2. The weather.
3. The nights are too long.
4. A lack of sunshine.
5. The magic of Christmas is over.
6. We're already sick of work again after the holidays.
7. Feeling guilty for eating or drinking too much during the holidays (Our gut reminds us of it).
8. Feeling lonely.
9. The fact that most of us already broke our New Years'resolutions.
10. Winter kills our social life.