When Can You Trick or Treat in Shreveport Bossier?
Despite all the efforts this year to move Halloween to the last Saturday in October on a permanent basis, it's not happening. Youngsters will be out trick or treating on Thursday night, October 31st this year.
It's ok to begin knocking on doors at about 5 pm and wraps up at 8 pm.
This is not a hard and fast rule, just a suggestion. Local police agencies have put out a caution for motorists to watch out for the ghosts, princesses and superheroes.
Often children get very excited and they might dart across a street without checking for traffic.
Bossier Police encourage parents to take advantage of organized, supervised Halloween events for their children and asks them to end door-to-door trick or treating by 8 p.m. as a courtesy to residents.
Shreveport Police don't have a set time for ending the door to door soliciting, but if it's past 8 pm, you should try to wrap it up.
More advice from police:
1. Be sure your youngster wears something reflective that can be seen at night.
2. Parents should accompany children (especially young ones).
3. Check out the candy before you let children eat it.
4. Have a flashlight with fresh batteries for all children and their escorts.
5. If your older children are going alone, plan and review the route that is acceptable to you.
6. Only go to homes with a porch light on and never enter a home or car for a treat.