6 Tips to Surviving Bipolar Ark-La-Tex Weather
Seeing everyone at work today makes me think they don't have access to the internet. Didn't we all know that Mother Nature is going to try and wash away half of our town? I realize it is so easy to forget that the weather will change in 20 minutes. What's not cool is leaving for lunch and coming back to work with wet socks, nasty hair and trying to convince yourself to power through the rest of your workday. Don't straighten that hair girl, go straight out curly with it. It's just going to end up wet and curly anyway. The Snapchats I have seen today have me cracking up. I feel you, my hair is in a ponytail and I have wet jeans because I was late putting my rain boots on.
- Always keep rain boots in your car. Who wants to walk around with wet Pants? YUCK!
- Make sure you have a towel in your car. You'll need to wipe your feet off before you slip back into cute shoes or heels. Sorry if you have a job that does not let you rock the rain boots all day long.
- Invest in an Umbrella. The good kind. One of the best gifts I ever received was an auto-open reverse umbrella. No more manual handling and getting drenched when entering or exiting your car. Buy it, you'll love it.
- Hair ties just in case your hair can't be tamed. I mean, if it's soaking wet and you don't have a hairdryer dandy, rock that ponytail!
- Extra socks. Seriously wet feet are the worst. The easiest way to ruin your day, have wet feet. All day long. Gross.
- Back up makeup kit. Just your basics. You don't want to look like Taylor Swift in her "Blank Space" music video.