Celebrate Cinco De Mayo Like Chica
I asked everyone at work to please join me in celebrating Cinco De Mayo. Only 3 people dressed up to participate in my celebration of Cinco De Mayo. I brought breakfast burritos, borrowed a margarita machine, had chips and salsa ready to go for anyone and everyone that wanted to celebrate Cinco the Mayo! Jay my co-worker thought that he could put a bottle of Mayo in the sink and call it Sinko De Mayo. Here are some things you can do to make sure you correctly celebrate Cinco de Mayo.
- Call your boss and let them know you're not able to come in tomorrow.
- Make sure you have plenty of ice. No one likes a cold beer or a margarita that is room temp.
- Get your Selena albums out. Yes, you can sneak in some Mariachi here and there, but stick to Selena for the most part.
- Make sure there are enough margaritas and cerveza.
- Stock up on chips and salsa. What is worse than running out of adult beverages? Running out of snacks!
- Celebrate however you want. There are no rules. Cinco De Mayo isn't even a "real holiday". It isn't a day to celebrate Mexico's Independence. It's the say Mexico won the battle of Puebla.
Disclaimer: My family never celebrates Cinco De Mayo in the "traditional" way. Most of my siblings own and operate restaurants and we always end up working some kind of event or slinging margaritas for all of our friends and customers. So I guess that is how we celebrate the controversial Cinco De Mayo.