Greenwood Pioneer Heritage Festival is Friday and Saturday
This Friday and Saturday make your way to Greenwood, Louisiana for the annual Greenwood Pioneer Heritage Festival and all the fantastic events it brings to the Arklatex.
You'll find loads of live music, a chili cook off, even a bass tournament, but the biggest attraction will be the food! That starts with Friday night's Watermelon Supper and will include Saturday's annual "Pancake Breakfast."
Speaking of that breakfast, the Greenwood Chamber of Commerce will grill hundreds of pancakes and dozens of pounds of sausage Saturday morning for this annual fixture. Everyone is invited to the Greenwood Town Park Saturday morning from 7:00 am -10:00 am to enjoy this local hometown tradition.
Tickets for the breakfast are only $5 each. They can be purchased on site or you can buy tickets ahead of time at the following locations: MidSouth Bank located at 8360 W. 70th Street in Greenwood and the Greenwood Town Hall Water Department located at 9381 Greenwood Road.
And here's a complete schedule for this weekend's events:
Friday, September 18
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm Free Senior Bingo in the Pioneer Community Center
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm Opening Remarks: Mayor Frank Stawasz. Invocation: Pastor Jerry Steele. National Anthem by: Mrs. Josephine Robinson
- 6:00 pm - 8:00 Sonny Wren "Just Havin' Fun"
- Registration: 2015 Fishin' Mission
- FREE Watermelon Supper
Saturday, September 19
- 7:00 am - 10:00 am Greenwood Chamber of Commerce Pancake Breakfast
- 10:00 am Parade. Trophies awarded immediately after parade
- 11:00 am - 12:00 pm Announcement of Parade Winners
- 1:00 pm Chili Cook-Off judging and winners announced
- 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm Bass fishing tournament weigh-in begins @ 2pm
- 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm Variety Music provided by Mason Dixon
- 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm Variety Music provided by Main Street Connection
- 8:00 pm - Dark Dennis Aaron, Open Range Worship Team. Blessing over First Responders and Fireworks immediately after!