Shreveport Opens Cooling Centers
Shreveport is opening several cooling centers to help residents get out of this summer heat. This centers will be open from 9-5 weekdays and 10;30 to 3 on Saturday, as needed. Free bottled water will be available at these facilities. Residents will also have a place to sit down and rest in an air conditioned facility.
The city will keep these cooling centers up and going as long as we are facing this devastating heat.
Here are the sites operating cooling centers:
- A.B. Palmer Community Center - 547 E 79th St.
- Airport Park Community Center - 6500 Kennedy Dr.
- Bill Cockrell Community Center - 4109 Pines Rd.
- David Raines Community Center - 2920 Round Grove Ln.
- Hattie Perry Community Center - 4300 Ledbetter St.
- Mamie Hicks Community Center - 200 Mayfair Dr.
- Southern Hills Community Center - 1002 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop
- Valencia Park Community Center - 1800 Viking Dr.
The temperature in Shreveport is expected to close in on the 100 degree mark for much of this week, but the heat index could be close to 110 for a couple of days. A heat advisory has been issued for our area.