Expect Some Changes When Vegas Casinos Reopen [VIDEO]
Las Vegas, like most of America, is anxiously awaiting reopening. And at least one of the biggest casino resorts on the Las Vegas Strip is already making preparations for the return to normal.
MGM Resorts is already saying it will probably be a gradual opening, and not everything at once, for their properties.
And, like other Vegas properties, the Venetian is not accepting reservations until after May 31, and, as a matter of fact, all reservations prior to that date have been cancelled. It is not clear when the stay at home order will be lifted, but it was originally expected to expire last night (April 30) at midnight.
The high end resort has some measures set in place for when tourists and locals alike will be allowed to come back on the casino floor. So if you are planning a Vegas vacay, then check them out below. And y'all be safe out there!
- Thermal Cameras. These will be set at every casino entrance to monitor temperature in a non invasive way. Anyone with a temperature over 100.4 degrees will be asked to have a secondary screening, which will determine if they need to be referred for medical care.
- Emergency Medical Technicians. At least 25 EMT's will be available 24/7, and at least a third of them will be on site at all times.
- Electrostatic Sanitizing Sprayers. These will be used in off peak hours on areas that are touched a lot. They will spray hospital grade sanitizers in places like lobbies, offices and public areas. Also, in the huge convention center area of the resort, the sprayers will be used to disinfect things like luggage store rooms, bell carts, and sidewalks.
- UV Lights. These will be used for de-contamination for shipments coming in and going out of mail rooms, docks, and warehouses.
- Sterilray Disinfection Wands. To be used at all retail locations within the resort.
I feel better already, how about you? Check out a really eerie video of the world famous Strip completely empty below.
Fun in the Sun South Louisiana Style