How Louisianans Plan to Get Through Thanksgiving Dinner
It's Time to Get Dressed Up and Walk Around the Kitchen Looking at All the Delicious Food.
Do you know that feeling where you have to get all dressed up just to make rounds and rounds in the kitchen looking your best? It's called the holidays and we are not complaining about it.
Seeing family can cause some stress on all of us so why don't we cover things that are perfectly fine and things that we should probably skip out on altogether?
Here are Some Do's and Don'ts for You to Remember When You See Your Family.
- Make a list and check it twice. Did you remember the pie that's in the oven? Were you on drink duty?
- Fill up the flask. If granny isn't down with mimosas and spiked eggnog, you probably want to sneak the jolly into your drink. I'll have a crown and coke please, hold the judgment.
- Compliment the college student who actually showed up to Christmas on time without bloodshot red eyes.
- Help clean up. Don't leave granny in the kitchen to clean all by herself. Men this includes you too. Yeah, the La-Z-Boy is great, want to know what else is great? A man who takes out the trash without being asked.
- Jump in. If you're spending the holidays with your significant other for the first time let everyone get to know you. Be a part of the crazy games. Have fun, and let loose. See number 2 if you need some liquid courage.
- Bring up politics. We get it, the government ain't right. The election was too much for all of us to handle. Let's NOT talk politics.
- Bring up exes. Leave them in the past, as everyone else has.
- Show up without food. Is there anything worse than someone who just shows up to eat and brings nothing to the table?
- Ask "When are you getting married?" "When are you having kids?" "How are your grades?:" Unless you plan to pay for a wedding, a baby, or tuition, keep those questions to yourself.
Shreveport Historic Beauty Featured on HGTV, More Could Be Yours
Gallery Credit: Mary Jo Gray with Coldwell Banker Gosslee via Realtor.com
Treetopia Treehouse in Broken Bow is Epic
10 Celebrities You Wouldn't Expect to Encounter in Shreveport
Gallery Credit: Getty Images